Peplums have been all over the catwalks and high street this summer, and there is no sign of this trend going away any time soon! Womanly silhouettes were seen on the AW12 runways, with peplums and waist belts emphasising waists to the max.
I’ve only recently dipped my toe into the peplum trend, but have found it very flattering, and also pretty versatile. Dramatic peplums can be dressed up for night time, structured peplums look smart as workwear, and a softer peplum in a cute print (like the blue bird print top from Forever 21 below) would even work with jeans as a casual look. I also love the addition of a belt to add more definition to the waist.
Here is my pick of the highstreet peplums as we head towards Autumn…
1. Floral lace peplum dress, £50 from River Island
2. Lace inset peplum top, £22 from River Island
3. Orange peplum top, £25 from River Island
4. Snakeskin peplum top, £22 from Matalan
5. Peplum shirt, £29.99 from Zara
6. Blue and black houndstooth peplum dress, £26.99 from Glamorous
7. Bird print top £11.50 from Forever 21
8. Green peplum top, £20 from Lavish Alice
9. Diagonal peplum skirt, £22 from Dorothy Perkins
One thought on “Trendwatch: Peplums for Autumn”
I LOVE peplums, I have no hips whatsoever so with a peplum I look like I have an hour glass figure. Fingers crossed this is a trend that won’t stop!