Thanks to Lucy at The New Northerner for nominating me for the Sunshine Award – awarded to “bloggers who are positive and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.” I love my blog to be a happy place so I’m glad she thinks so too, and although the weather is particularly non-sunny today, I wanted to share the love with my own Sunshine Award post.
Here’s what’s involved:
- Share 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the questions set by your nominating blogger
- Nominate 11 bloggers yourself
- Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer then let them know they’re up
My 11 random facts:
- I love Disney. That is all.
- The only computer game I’ve really really enjoyed is Monkey Island. I still love it now!
- I love Christmas so much and get excited very early. I’ve already started thinking about it in a big way!
- I’ve read Pride and Prejudice an uncountable number of times.
- When I was younger I watched The Sound of Music every Sunday at my Grandma’s house. I now know that musical very well!!
- I write a lot of lists – it’s the best way to get organised.
- This is Bryan – he is the chimp I sponsor at Monkey World.
- I find intentionally doing exercise so boring!
- I’m very nostalgic. This explains points 1-5 above.
- I don’t really like current music – I’m all about the show tunes!
- I enjoy making things!
And my answers to Lucy’s 11 questions:
- If you had to choose your last meal on earth, what would it be? Fillet steak with chips and grilled mushrooms and tomatoes.
- What was the best fancy dress outfit that you’ve ever worn (bonus points if you can share a photo!)? Last Halloween I was Black Swan, and I loved doing the makeup.
- If you could hop into a time travelling machine, when and where would you go, and why? The Jazz Age – 1920s for the fashion and the music!
- What are you most proud of doing? Deciding I wanted to work in fashion and then making it happen.
- What are your guilty pleasures? Tea and cakes whilst watching Disney films
- If you were in charge of the country, what new law would you introduce? Hmm serious question. I’d make the primate pet trade illegal. I’ve signed the petition because I really believe it’s wrong.
- Why did you decide to start blogging? For a creative outlet, because I thought it would be rewarding and because I thought it would be a great addition to my CV
- What is your favourite holiday destination? Disneyland!
- If you could have one superpower, what superpower would you want to have? The ability to stop time! Like Bernard’s watch!
- What is the best present you’ve ever received? Aww I couldn’t say – I’ve received some lovely ones over the years!! This one from last Christmas has to be up there though.
My blog nominations:
My 11 questions:
- What are your favourite types of blog posts to read and to write?
- What is the most important thing you’ve learned since starting blogging?
- What inspired your blog name?
- What is your favourite beauty product?
- What did you want to be when you were a younger?
- What is your best feature or quality?
- And your best skill?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- What is your favourite place you’ve visited?
- Which character from a film or book are you most like (or would like to be)?
- What’s the best thing you’ve ever made?
One thought on “The Sunshine Award”
I love your Black Swan outfit and make up! These types of posts are great for finding out lots of little random facts about people 🙂