I cannot believe it was 20 years ago that the first Harry Potter book was published. They say the series has shaped a whole generation of millennials and I know it will always feel like a huge part of my life. Seriously – did Hogwarts, Dumbledore and muggles really not exist before I was 13?! Anyway, to celebrate this momentous occasion, here is a list of random things about me and my love for Harry Potter.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows has overtaken Pride and Prejudice as my most read book ever.
- Since my recent birthday I now apply my makeup with wands!
- I recently discovered that my dad has no idea who Voldemort is or what a muggle is… I find this extremely shocking indeed!
- The order of my favourite books (best to worst) goes:
- Deathly Hallows
- Goblet of Fire
- Philosopher’s Stone
- Half-Blood Prince
- Prisoner of Azkaban
- Chamber of Secrets
- Order of the Phoenix
- I am a Ravenclaw. Obviously I have always known this, but it’s been officially confirmed with this quiz.
- I’ve recently realised how much I love Professor McGonagall. She’s so underrated and is now my favourite female character!
- But if I was going to do a Harry Potter fancy dress costume, I’d be Luna Lovegood.
- When I watch the Deathly Hallows movie with Craig I always have to set aside time afterwards for him to moan about Harry snapping the Elder wand. Also for me to explain everything I know about Hallows and Horcruxes that was left out of the movie.
- I do not find Fred and George Weasley funny in the films at all. But I do always chuckle at this guy…
- I own Fleur Delacour’s wand and use it to attempt to cast spells such as “Accio chocolate”.
- I know not everyone did, but I actually loved reading The Cursed Child. I’d waited such a long time to hear something new about the characters I loved (and some who I thought we’d never hear from again!), I even had a little cry.
- I enjoyed my first sip of Butterbeer. I did not enjoy the rest of the glass.
- I attempted to get to platform 9 ¾ late one night. The gate did not appear to be open.
- Magic is all well and good, but I always think that the wizarding world could really benefit from using mobile phones. And the internet. Imagine if Hermione could just google Nicholas Flamel.
- In the films this irks me…
- I never doubted Snape for a moment. But that’s mainly because I never doubted Dumbledore’s judgement for a moment.
Happy Anniversary Harry Potter! I’ll love you… Always
If you liked this, try these:
Where to Stay When Visiting the Harry Potter Studio Tour
One thought on “Harry Potter and the List of Random Stuff”
I’m definitely with you about Snape! 👏