On our one night trip to London we stayed at the luxury townhouse boutique hotel Twenty Nevern Square in Earls Court.
I have some specific requirements when booking hotels for mini breaks – I’m looking for something around the £100 mark (which I consider pretty reasonable for most cities), something that’s pleasant to stay in, with breakfast included, and location is key. I’ve found that most of the chains don’t offer what I want in London (too expensive, too out-of-the-way or a bit tired/depressing). And with a bit of research I came across this little gem.
I would recommend Twenty Nevern Square to anyone, and here is why…
- Location – it is no more than a 5 minute walk from Earls Court tube station, which is on 3 tube lines, and the route to the station is quite pleasant too. It’s basically ideal for getting around. Plus it’s just 2 stops or a 20 minute walk from the V&A museum, Natural History museum and the Royal Albert Hall, and just a bit further to Kensington Gardens or Harrods.
- It looks out onto a small picturesque park and a square of attractive townhouses.
- It’s just £95 for a standard double and £115 for a luxury double, and prices include continental breakfast. Inclusive breakfast is actually a big deal for me as I don’t want to have to bother making a decision on whether it is worth paying for it! The breakfast was pretty good by the way – fresh fruit, yogurt, pastries, breads, cheeses, meats, cereals, freshly brewed tea and coffee and fruit juices.
- We booked a luxury double room, and on arrival were upgraded to the Pasha suite for no additional charge! A very gorgeous room and a nice surprise which we were delighted with. The room was spacious and lovely – with a four poster bed, a balcony spanning the length of the room, luxurious fabrics, and a treasure box of complimentary toiletries.
- The service we received from all the staff was great, from our friendly welcome to the checkout and the offer of a secure place to store our bags for the day.
I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for somewhere nice to stay in London.