There were plenty of things I enjoyed in 2013, but I think there were also a greater-than-usual number of sad/bad moments too, so I can’t say I’m sorry that the unlucky ’13 year is over. I was more than happy to welcome in the New Year, and I did so with my family by hosting a buffet and games night at my apartment.
Jam jar G&T
What’s Christmas without a cheese board?
Jam jar gin cocktail
Homemade pavlova – mini versions of the dessert I made here
Plenty of people are writing New Year’s Resolutions posts, but I don’t really have any resolutions as such. This will be the year that I turn 30, and I just have some general thoughts to try and remember, which will hopefully mean that the coming year will be a healthy and happy one!
- Enjoy the small things – it makes life much better and will help me deal with the bigger issues
- Make time for the people in my life
- Be creative – this always makes me happy
- Try new things; see new places; meet new people – to keep life interesting
- Improve my fitness – I suppose this is a resolution, but it’s something to remember as I find exercise so boring!
Wishing you all a wonderful 2014!