This week it’s all about shoes at intu Trafford centre, where shoppers who are shoe people (a great many of us according to their survey of Mancunian shoppers) can head over to the Shoe Style Hub on Orient Way. You’ll know it when you see it thanks to a giant hot pink glitter stiletto shoe! All week you can meet the shoe expert to find out what your shoes say about you and to get a taster of this season’s hottest styles. There’s also a shoe illustrator creating some shoe-based artwork, plus loads of competitions, deals and savings from the various stores involved, including Schuh, ALDO, Sketchers, VANS and Selfridges to name a few.
Meanwhile things kicked off last night with a blogger meet at Circle 360 Champagne bar. It was named Shoetopia and we enjoyed gorgeous shoe-themed cupcakes from Zara Cupcakes, shoe-themed quizzes and Skinny Champagne (tastes amazing and guilt-free), and Shoe Psychologist Kate Nightingale gave us some insights into what our choice in shoes says about us, with a particular focus on this season’s big shoe trends.
Anyway, it’s a great week to be shoe-shopping at the Trafford Centre what with all those money-off savings flying about. And if you’re wondering, here’s a taster of what a person’s shoes can say about them:
- The shoes: Classic styles made from high quality materials. Often high heels with non-visible branding.
- The person: They lead a busy life and are very driven in achieving all their personal and professional goals. However, they do not like to show off.
- The shoes: Plain, comfortable shapes in simple, earthy colours.
- The person: Calm, happy, friendly, generous, highly motivated. They love the outdoors and being active.
- The shoes: Unusual shapes, but still comfortable. Unique fabrics and colour combinations.
- The person: They are creative, intelligent and outgoing, and stand out from the crowd. They are imaginative and open to new experiences so are usually the first to adopt new trends.
- The shoes: Sexy shapes, bright colours and shiny fabrics, embellishments and trendy.
- The person: Friendly, bubbly and attention-getting. Presentation is very important so they spend a lot of money on clothes/accessories.