Last month The Body Shop® launched their brand new Superfood Face Mask range, with 5 luxurious-sounding (100% vegetarian) face masks made from key beauty superfood ingredients. Not only are they made from these amazing ingredients from around the world, they are also free from parabens, paraffins, silicone and mineral oils, so they’re a real skincare treat.
The masks are designed to fulfill 5 different skincare goals, so let’s take a look at the range:
- Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask: a tingling mud mask made from charcoal, green tea leaves and tea tree oil designed to cleanse and detox the skin.
- British Rose Fresh Plumping Mask: a gel mask designed to sooth and moisturise, made from rose petals, rosehip oil and aloe vera.
- Ethiopian Honey Deep Nourishing Mask: an extremely gooey mask made from honey, olive oil and marula oil to deeply nourish and soften the skin.
- Chinese Ginseng & Rice Clarifying Polishing Mask: an exfoliating mask with ginseng extract, rice extract and sesame seed oil, to brighten and revitalise.
- Amazonian Acai Energising Radiance Mask: created from acai berry extract, guarana seed extract and babussu oil, designed to energise and give your skin a fruity boost.
After having my own personal skincare consultation The Body Shop® experts explained the different jobs that each mask does, and how they are keen to promote the idea of “multi masking” if different areas of your face need different things. I had my own #DareToMask multi-masking experience in store, with the tingling Himalayan Charcoal mask taking care of my oilier T-zone, and the deliciously moisturising Ethiopian Honey mask taking care of my drier areas.
The Body Shop® are keen to promote the idea of face masking in general, and the idea that it’s both fun and relaxing to paint on a mask and then get on with doing something else, such as watching TV, making a cup of tea or soaking in the bath. They are even giving away a free colouring book with each face mask purchase to help relax you mask and relax, which I think is a great idea.
Face masks are extremely popular right now, so it’s unsurprising that this range has has been well-received (the Himalayan Clay mask was first to sell out!) I’ve bought the delicious British Rose mask to be getting on with, although I fully intend to extend my collection and start multi-masking once Himalayan Clay is back in stock.
*This post contains affiliate links
One thought on “The Body Shop® Superfood Face Masks”
I love the body shop! I’m going to a VIP event this Wednesday 🙂 will deffinetly try these out! Maybe purchase a few 😍
Would love for you to check out my blog x