A week that begins with “Blue Monday” doesn’t seem to offer much promise, particularly when it’s freezing cold outside. But I have three days off work this week (I’m in a pantomime and thought I’d need the rest – I wasn’t wrong), and one of the nicest things about days at home, other than the obvious lie-ins and general relaxation, is the opportunity to make something tasty for lunch.
I’m currently tracking Weight Watchers points so healthy lunches are now part of my routine, and I received “The Hairy Dieters” cookbook for Christmas which I’ve heard excellent things about. So today I impulsively tried one of their recipes for my lunch: toasted crumpets with spiced berries, yoghurt and honey. This actually comes under the “Breakfasts” section of the book, but who doesn’t love breakfast food for lunch?!
It basically involves briefly heating a selection of berries with mixed spice in a pan and serving on crumpets with a dollop of low-fat Greek yoghurt and a drizzle of honey, and I have only good things to say about it:
- It took just minutes to prepare
- It was delicious, and felt like more of a treat than lunch!
- I’m still full hours later
- The Bikers say it’s just 257 calories per serving
- As fruit carries no points with Weight Watchers, this lunch cost me just 7 points
- It was a much welcome change from soup
I’m looking forward to trying some of the other recipes in the book (including some that are slightly more challenging ha!)