I’ve committed a fashion faux pas! I’ve worn the same dress for two consecutive special occasions that were only a week apart – the wedding last weekend and an awards dinner last night.
And it’s quite a distinctive dress too, so it’s safe to assume that Facebook is going to reveal my secret to the world. But here’s the thing…. I’ve realised I’m not even too bothered about wearing it twice in a row! And here’s why:
- I’ve saved money by not buying something new for either occasion.
- It’s actually a dress from a couple of years ago that I’d hardly worn (which always makes me sad). I thought the length was all wrong, so I had it shortened, and now I have a newfound love for it! And that means that I’m finally getting some value for money from it.
- I’m loving accessorising it with the new metal belt I bought from eBay, and actually I couldn’t think of a dress I would have preferred to wear to these two occasions.
- I was very pleased to see that my dress resembles the dress Emma Willis wore for the Big Brother final the other week. And she looked amazing! (It’s from & Other Stories apparently).
- And finally, I received a fair few compliments on this dress/outfit.
So I have no regrets at all about my choice to wear the same dress twice! Has anyone else done this?