This weekend I’ll be putting up my Christmas decorations and tree – such an exciting time of year! One of my favourite things ever is opening my Christmas boxes and remembering all the different decorations I have. My tree is always filled with random unique ornaments rather than being colour co-ordinated and I love picking up a few new ones each year.
So today’s post is just a bit of Christmas decoration inspiration featuring some cute decorations you can buy this year. I’ve done three festive mood boards, because even if (like me) you don’t do colour themes, an overall theme is nice. My favourite themes are traditional (which is mostly what I go for in my home), magical, and quirky – which I’m seeing a lot more of in stores this year.
Warm red, green and gold tones, gingham, gingerbread, cinnamon sticks, rustic wood and pine cones… all the elements of a traditional Christmas look.
- Bark and berry decoration from John Lewis
- Wooden garland from M&S
- Robin decoration from Next
- Cinnamon sticks from John Lewis
- Carol singer lanterns from John Lewis
- Crochet Christmas pudding from John Lewis
- Gisela Graham candy cane heart
Think of a winter wonderland with icy colours, glitter, stars and whimsical fairytale motifs.
- Star of bells from Zara
- Looking glass mirror from House of Fraser
- Vintage apothecary decoration from M&S
- Holly bauble from John Lewis
- Star tree topper from John Lewis
- White glitter berry wreath
- Frosted pale glitter baubles
Well this covers just anything that is non-traditional and fun – from unusual non-festive symbols such as foxes and mushrooms, to the bright block colour decorations that seem very popular at the moment.
- Felt angel tree topper from John Lewis
- Mushrooms from Zara
- Pom pom bauble from John Lewis
- Alessi Christmas Bauble from John Lewis
- Ball of wool baubles
- Fox room decoration from M&S