Today’s festive DIY is a cute peppermint candy cane body scrub. It’s very easy to do, and could be used as a unique gift idea or for yourself for festive feelings! Not only does it look cute and Christmassy, it’s also peppermint-scented!
What you’ll need:
- An empty jar or cute container
- White sugar – enough to fill the jar
- Carrier oil/base oil – you’ll need half as much oil as sugar. For this body scrub I used almond oil, but there are plenty of other options, such as coconut oil or grapeseed oil.
- A few drops of peppermint essential oil
- Red food colouring
- Ribbon, a candy cane, or whatever cute items you want to decorate your finished jar with
- Mix together the sugar and carrier oil. Then add in a few drops of essential oil.
- Split the mixture into two containers, and tint one half with red colouring.
- Spoon the red and white mixtures into your container alternately to create candy cane stripes.
- And that’s all there is to it! Now just pop the lid on and decorate your jar festively!
As you can see, my body scrub is slightly oily at the bottom of the jar – the carrier oil has just gathered there. I think I would advise being frugal with the oil at first – you can always add more!
2 thoughts on “Homemade Christmas: Candy Cane Body Scrub”
This is such a cute idea for a body scrub. I’ve been trying to find the best ones to make for my mum, sisters and best friend this Christmas and I’m tempted to make this one for one of them. The red and white stripes are such a clever idea, but so simple I don’t know why i didn’t think of it myself.