Not only is this apple tart pretty, it’s also not that naughty (relatively speaking)!
I’ve decided to prioritise healthy eating this August, but that doesn’t mean I don’t need some tasty treats every now and again. And because this tart uses filo pastry and 1 Cal spray oil it keeps the calories lower than a regular tart, so it’s the perfect Bake Off companion. Plus, it’s so quick and simple to make!
What I used:
- 2 sheets of filo pastry
- 2 apples (peeled and cored)
- 1 Cal spray oil (sunflower)
- Flaked almonds
- A sprinkle of Demerara sugar
- A sprinkle of ground cinnamon
- Icing sugar
- Cut both sheets of filo pastry in half. Lay one piece of pastry out onto a baking tray lined in baking paper. Spray a mist of the spray oil over it, and then lay a second piece of pastry on top. Repeat until all 4 pieces are laid on top of each other. Spray a final mist of oil on the top sheet.
- Lay the apple pieces across the top of the pastry, but leave a little space around the outside edge of the pastry for it to get crispy, golden and flaky.
- Sprinkle the top with Demerara sugar, cinnamon and a handful of flaked almonds.
- Place in the oven at 190°C for 20 minutes (or until the pastry edges are crispy and the fruit is soft and golden.
- Leave to cool and then dust with icing sugar.
Then serve with a small scoop of low fat crème fraîche and an episode of the Great British Bake Off!
Save for later:
4 thoughts on “Apple Filo Tart”
Looks delicious and pretty healthy for a desert including sugar and carbs :0)
Thanks! Yeah it was a great treat!
Looks soooo yummy!
This looks absolutely delicious – apple themed desserts are my fav! Will have to try it. 🙂 I came over from Anoushka’s blog, glad to have found you!