I went blackberry picking over the weekend I couldn’t resist making a delicious apple and blackberry crumble. It’s an autumnal favourite and no shop-bought crumble ever tastes anywhere as nice as this homemade version!
What I used
For the filling:
- 2 apples, peeled and cubed (I used Granny Smith apples)
- 200g freshly picked blackberries
- 1 tbsp flour
- 30g demerara sugar
- sprinkle of cinnamon
For the crumble:
- 200g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 130g unsalted butter, cubed
- 120g brown sugar
- A handful of flaked almonds
- Toss the peeled and chopped apples in the flour and demerara sugar.
- Layer the apples together with the blackberries in an oven proof dish.
- Start on the crumble topping by mixing the sieved flour, salt and brown sugar together. Then rub in the butter until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Layer the crumble topping over the fruit and sprinkle the flaked almonds over the top for added crunch.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes at 180°C (fan) until the topping is crunchy and golden.
Follow me on Bloglovin to keep up to date with my posts