I’ve had quite a creative few weeks and it has put me in such a great mood! As well as continuing with scrapbooking I also spent this past weekend painting pottery at Glazey Days, making teacup candles (see my tutorial for this here), and creating calligraphy quotes to put up around my apartment. Not only that, but it’s also been a creative week at work as we all had to decorate our desks in the theme of an Olympic sport (random, I know, but so much fun).
And my great mood has made me realise all the ways that being creative is an important part of life:
- For relaxation. Being creative is quite a peaceful way to spend your time. It focuses your mind on one enjoyable task, and while your mind is focused on the creative details, it’s not worrying or stressing about anything else!
- Enjoy a device-free zone! Following on from point 1, it’s a great chance to step away from phones and tablets! Aside from a bit of creative research before I started, painting pottery and practising calligraphy managed to keep me away from my distracting devices for at least an hour at a time, and that was great for stress levels too!
- It’s fun! I love being creative with ideas and working to create something lovely. It’s one of my favourite ways to spend my time.
- Creativity breeds creativity. I find that one creative project inspires another, and once I get in a creative mood I just keep creating! If you had noticed I hadn’t posted on here in a while, then you can thank the above list of creative projects for inspiring me to get writing again!
- You’ll learn so many new things every time you work on something creative, and that’s never a bad thing!
- It’s satisfying. You can end up with something really great at the end, which is pretty rewarding and a great confidence boost. And everything will be unique and personal to you too.
What creative projects do you have planned this summer?
Follow me on Bloglovin to keep up to date with my posts