The Garden Kitchen at Holden Clough Nursery may be a little out the way, but its picnic table afternoon tea spreads have made it a very popular little tearoom. So when they started advertising the Christmas version of the afternoon tea for December we booked in right away!
As you can see the novelty presentation on the picnic benches is really cute, and really makes their afternoon tea stand out from a lot of others. On the Christmas menu we had:
- Mini turkey and apricot burger
- Butternut squash soup with blue cheese croutons served in a mini teacup
- Smoked salmon and sour cream blini
- Smooth chicken liver parfait in a mini milk churn with melba toast
- Christmas tree shortbread
- Santa hat vanilla cupcake
- Mini cranberry scone with raspberry jam and cream
- Chocolate orange Yule log
- Plum crumble in a mini bucket
- Mini wellington glass with banana and cinnamon milkshake
- A glass of prosecco
- A hot drink of tea or coffee
I loved how everything on the bench had a festive twist and it was all very delicious! And although everything was bite-sized, there was so much food for the £20 price. The Christmas picnic is available until 7th January, but it’s also highly in demand! However even if it’s too late for the Christmas version, the regular picnic afternoon tea will most likely be back on the menu soon too.
Follow me on Bloglovin to keep up to date with my posts