I recently attended the preview of Cocktails in the City, which was held in Cloud23 in Manchester Hilton. (It was my first time in this bar in the sky and its stunning views across Manchester did not disappoint!)
Cocktails in the City is an “two night cocktail extravaganza” which brings together representatives from twenty of the best cocktail bars in Manchester in one venue, each of them creating a new and unique signature cocktail recipe to serve. It will be held in the Great Northern Warehouse on 14th-15th May, and this preview event was all about showing off some of the partners and previewing some of the cocktails that will be served at the main event! My first cocktail of the evening was this Breakfast Martini, made with gin, orange liqueur and marmalade and served on toast coasters (“toasters”), which was absolutely delicious! Gin cocktails are my kinda thing!
I went along with some lovely Manchester-based bloggers and we had a real giggle whilst “speed dating” around each of the different bar stations to watch them create their special cocktails. And even though we were only tasting small samples of each we all got quite merry, so I feel quite confident in saying that these recipes are not stingy with the alcohol! Each bar has been partnered with a premium alcohol brand and here are some of the ones that we sampled:
- The Alchemist partnered with Gentleman Jack whisky have created “Mr Pink’s Persuasion“, which also includes maple syrup, grapefruit liqueur, orange, grenadine and is then smoked with peppercorns.
- The Fitzgerald partnered with Chambord have created the “Smoked French Manhattan“, also containing Woodford Reserve bourbon and cherry syrup and is smoked inside the Chambord bottle.
- Elixir demonstrated the creation of their cocktail “The Philosopher’s Stone“, which won “Best Overall Experience” at last year’s event. I can see why it won! It involved smoke, magic, masks, some spiritual talk, and a cocktail served inside an egg. An egg!!!
Cocktails in the City is a ticketed event, and for the price of £10 you gain entry, get one cocktail, a cocktail booklet, access to the main stage demonstrations and the party atmosphere. And as well as this Manchester event there are also similar events being held in London, Leeds and Edinburgh.
Here are some of the other bars, brands and cocktails involved:
- “Up, up and away” by Cloud23 with Tanqueray 10
- Restaurant/bar Mr Coopers partnered with Portobello Road gin.
- “Skippy’s Caribbean Cooler” by Luche Libre with Tequila Herradura
Follow me on Bloglovin to keep up to date with my posts